12 Jan 2018 Closure Options for Direct to Consumer (DTC) E-commerce Mailer Boxes
Closure Options for Direct to Consumer (DTC) E-commerce Mailer Boxes
I’m proud to say we offer our customers innovative options to help them not only minimize cost but also to help them stand out in any increasingly competitive market. No matter what you are selling, there are new companies every day, trying to do it better, faster, and at a lower cost. Everyone wants to make sure their ecommerce packaging delivers a memorable and pleasing unboxing experience.
A few of the options we offer include:
- Multi-color interior packaging to eliminate costly labeling.
- Custom design inserts to protect and present while eliminating expensive and messy ancillary void fill.
- Unique board combinations like our triple white structures (see related post below) for that finished retail look.
- High speed, digital printing for maximum graphics (see our newest site: DigitalBoxPrinter.com )
Closure Options for Ecommerce Boxes
Unlike many companies, we offer three distinct ways to hold a box closed:
- Top tuck – This is when the top/lid of the box has an extra flap that folds INTO the box. This is probably the most basic, simple option, but can be difficult to close depending on the box contents and how it is packed.
- Front lock – The most secure option because the front flap “cherry locks” fold into the front of the box and hold it closed. This is the customer favorite because when combined with side “dust flaps” it is pilfer-resistant.
- Tab lock – Probably the most attractive option for customers who want a “less industrial/ more retail” look to their DTC packaging.
Over 150 Stock Cutting Dies Available!
These dies include a wide variety of sizes and all three closure methods, so the objective is to match what you want with what we have. Since each custom die costs around $800 it saves you time and money if you can work with a die on hand. However, if you need a specific size, and/or specific design, we can be very creative with the one -time, prepress costs to help you totally customize your box.
What combination of box features is best for your specific application? A brief chat with one of our branded packaging advisors can help you quickly determine that for the most attractive, lowest cost packaging design for your customers and products being shipped.
Contact us at Salazar Packaging or call us at 630-551-1700 for a no cost, no obligation evaluation of your ecommerce goals and requirements.