23 Feb 2012 Eco-Friendly Rack Display Packaging Options
The challenge to rack displaying undergarments, tee shirts, baby clothes, gloves, socks and other non-rigid items is that they don’t always hang well. In addition, quite frankly, soft goods are not always attractive when folded into compact, space saving sell units.
Typically, you want the product kept clean but visible for color or pattern identification and ideally touchable if the softness of the product is an important feature. The easy answer is usually a plastic bag or a plastic clam shell. However, most green product manufacturers are unwilling to place their organic cotton (or any other green fabric) soft goods in any form of plastic that delivers the desired visibility but is not considered a green packaging option, and those rarely permits product touching.
Green Thinking “Outside the Bag”
We try to think outside the plastic clam shell as well. Salazar Packaging and Globe Guard® Products specialize in taking green packaging products to market and making them available to the people who need them regardless of whether they need one thousand or one million containers.
The New Eco Hanging Pack™
This new design we are promoting is a non-plastic, eco-friendly, bottom load, rack-hangable container that makes it easy to display and sell a wide variety of soft products. Here are some benefits and options:
- The Eco Hanging Pack™ can be made of micro flute corrugated or virtually any grade or type of paper board. Our favorite is 24 pt TBS, which is 100% recycled content.
- Virtually any size window can be designed into the front or back, or it can be fully enclosed.
- It can be glued for permanent secure display or tabbed to permit repeated opening and closing.
- In can be unprinted in white or natural Kraft board or fully printed on all sides.
- It is designed to hang on a rack but can also stand on a shelf and/or a point of purchase (POP) display.
- Stock sizes are being developed, but for now, a 1,000-piece minimum applies.
A Green Package for Almost any Application
If the new Eco Hanging Pack™ does not satisfy your needs, please let us know. There are countless variations of this and other designs available in a wide variety of materials. What they all have in common is that they are made of the least amount of green materials possible and can be easily branded to make them your own. Please contact Salazar Packaging to discuss your specific needs and requirements.